Create a "Thankful tree"
Art sand (sold at craft supply stores)
Bare tree branch
Colored craft foam
Large ornament hanger or straightened paper clip
1. Fill a flowerpot with sand and set in a shapely bare tree branch.
2. Next, cut a pile of leaf shapes from colored craft foam.
3. With a permanent marker, write your child's name and the date on one side and something they're thankful for on the other. You can do this each day up until Thanksgiving and use it as a decoration on your table. Or, you can give each of your Thanksgiving guests a leaf to fill out and hang.
4. To decorate your tree, push a large ornament hanger or straightened paper clip through the stem of each leaf and hang it in place.
5. This will start a Thanksgiving tradition you can do year after year.