Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday Tips


Tuesday Tips
Every Tuesday, Rachael and I (along with hopefully everyone reading this!) will post tips for housework, cooking, etc... for busy moms. So, here are mine for this week.

~Work in little bursts. Set your timer for 15 minutes, and tackle a spot. Wash dishes for 15 minutes. Vacuum for 15 minutes. Take breaks in between. You'll probably be surprised by how much you can get done this way.
~Keep a "running list" of items that you need or run out of on the fridge. The night before your grocery shopping day, go over the list, and add anything that you may have forgotten. If you do this, you won't spend countless hours at the store, wandering the isles.

~Try to schedule cleaning. (If you work, this has to be planned according to your work schedule.) For example: this week, I am scheduled to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So, Today, I will try to do a few loads of laundry, vacuum and tidy the bathroom. Wednesday night I will go over my grocery list. Thursday I will do the banking and grocery shopping. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I usually try to get some cleaning done on weekends, when I am off from work.

~Menu planning! Plan your meals for the week (or weeks, depending on how often you shop) before you go to the store. This way, you know what you need and you don't waste time trying to plan your meals as you walk the grocery store isles.

~Keep cleaning supplies in the bathroom (not just in the kitchen). At least paper towels and spray cleaner. This way, you can do a quick clean while you are in there, any time!!

Well, that's all the tips I can think of for now. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to share!!

No comments: