Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Candy cane... Not just candy


The Meaning of the Candy Cane
The story behind the candy cane ...
Did you know that the birth, ministry, and death of Jesus Christ are signified
through the elements of the candy cane?

The candy cane is in the shape of the letter "J" for JESUS.
JESUS is .... our Good Shepherd (staff shape) ~ 1 Pt. 5:4
our Rock (hard candy) ~ 1 Cor. 10:4
our Sinless Savior (white) ~ 2 Cor. 5:21
our Sacrificial Lamb (red) ~ Eph. 1:7
The STRIPES on the candy cane symbolize pain inflicted upon Jesus before his death on the cross and a bold stripe to represent the blood he shed for mankind.
The smell and taste of PEPPERMINT relate to the herb hyssop. Psalm 51:7 states, "Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean, wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
The candy cane is meant to be shared -- broken into pieces for all to share. That reminds us of Jesus' words, "This is my body which is broken for you" (1 Cor. 11:24).
Think about this the next time you are enjoying a "candy cane".
Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

Rachael Mory said...

I heard this before :) its nice.