Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Recipe Share: Breaded Venison Chops

As you may have read in my post below, my son N shot his very first


deer on Thursday. Luckily, my family is a bunch of rednecks, and my step dad is a butcher. (lol)


So, we got the deer meat from it on Sunday.




For dinner today, we decided to cook up some of the venison chops and let me tell you...


mmm mmm mmm!! :)


My sister makes breaded pork chops all the time, so we thought we'd try it with the venison chops. So without delay, I bring you the tasty (and oh-so-simple!)


recipe for breaded venison chops. :)




Breaded Venison chops




Ingredients:


Deer chops


Italian Bread Crumbs


Eggs


Salt


Onion Powder


Garlic Powder


Oil




Defrost Venison meat, and soak for about an hour in cold water.


(Do this to soak out the blood, and to take out the "gamey" taste.)


Preheat oven to 350. Next, heat oil in large frying pan.


Crack eggs into bowl & Scramble with fork. Add a little bit of onion powder & salt.


Dip Deer chops in egg, then dip in bread crumbs and coat well.


Place in hot oil for about 10 min. each side. Place on paper towel briefly to soak


up a bit of the oil. Then place in a 9x13 baking dish, and put in oven for 20-30 min.


Do not overcook, or meat will be too dry.


Serve with your favorite sides. :) Enjoy!





No comments: