Monday, November 10, 2008

A recipe to go with my Movie Review Monday

I was watching one (of many) of my favorite Christmas movies
after I wrote my review,
and I noticed that Nora Krank said that
Caramel Cream Pie was Blair's favorite.
I thought that sounded good.
I thought that I would look it up and add it to my
Movie Review Monday posting.
So, Without further ado, here is the recipe for Caramel Cream Pie. :)
Caramel Cream Pie
ingredients:
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
1 (8 oz) container whipped topping
Directions:

Place the cans of sweetened condensed milk (labels off, unopened)
in a large pot; bring to a boil,
then lower the heat and simmer for 3 hours,
making sure the water stays above the cans.
Let cool 1 hour.
CAREFULLY open the cans and scoop contents into large bowl.
Fold in the marshmallow cream. Pour into pie shell.
Chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Serve topped with whipped topping.
When cooked that long, the sweetened condensed milk turns into caramel. Very yummy and so easy!

No comments: